Democratic government’s Achievements include:
- Revival of the 1973 Constitution
- ü Constitution empowerment of Gilgit-Baltistan
- ü Consensus approval of 7th NFC Award
- ü Self sufficiency in wheat production
- Consensus approval of 18th Constitutional Amendment
- New record of US$24billion exports
- Transfer of Presidential powers to the office of the Prime Minister and the Parliament
- New record of US$17 billion foreign Reserves
- Financial and Administration empowerment Of provinces
- Distribution of 12%share of 80 government Institutions among 5 lac workers through BESOS
- Initiation of Aghaz-e-Haqooq-Balochistan Package
- Financial Protection of 50 lac poor families through Benazir Income Support Program
Pakistan Peoples Party’s Program for Baluchistan & Prosperity for its people!
Now/ being implemented on a priority basic!
- Historic Constitutional Amendments;
- Removal 4th and 6th schedule from The constitution
- Increase of Baluchistan’s share from 5.1%to 9.1%in the 7th NFC Award
- Allocation of 90% quota for Baluchistan in all Jobs at Gwadar Port
- 56% contract awarded to local contractors at Gwadar
- Payment of Rs. 2 billions as well as 1st installment of Rs .
- 10 billions out of Rs. 120 billion provincial dues by the federal Government
- Transfer of 30% shareholding, out of the federal Government’s 50% Shareholding in Saindak project to Baluchistan.
- Leveling of 10,000 acres of land to be irrigated with Mirani Dam Construction of canals.
- Development of 1670 acres of land to be irrigated with subakzai Dam 31 out of 34 canals constructed
- Completion of 70% works on Gwadar-Turbat-hoshab road 73% of Qaba Saeed khan Road – both roads to be completed by 2012
- Approval of Rs. 4.25 billion for NLC in Baluchistan by the prime Minister PC-1 for rehabilitation of Bostaan-Zhob rail link, laying of broad-gage from Zhob-Dl Khan to Kotla jam Parri.
- Scholarship for 16450 students from Baluchistan.
- Distribution of Rs.4.25 billion among 1,40,633 underprivileged families In Bulishtan under BISP.
- Admission and free education and boarding for 150 students from 30 Districts of Baluchistan to Pakistan’s top boarding schools by the Prime Minister.
- Establishment of IT centers in 30 district at a cost of Rs. 1.5 billion.
- State-of-the-art fiber optic network to connect far-flung areas of the province at a cost of Rs .1 billion.
- Appointment of officers from Baluchistan at the federal secretariat per the provincial quota.
- Relaxation of employment rules for Coast Guards.
- 100 of Baluchistan Resident employment.
- Appointment of 118 Engineers from Baluchistan at Gwadar Port.
- Appointment of 117 successful candidates at NBP.
- Employment 5000 graduates in provincial Government; federal Government to fund these opportunities for 4 consecutive year.
Political Executive Reforms
- Conversion of “B” Areas to “A” Areas.
- Withdrawal of cases against 172 political workers out of a total of 183 cases.
- Deployment of FC and recall of Army.
- Removal of 35 non-border FC posts.
- 10 posts of Coast Guards at Gwadar now non-functional.
Pakistan Peoples Party will continue its efforts for a happy and prosperous Baluchistan. Under 18th and 19th Amendments the provinces of Pakistan are more empowered than ever.
Source: Farahnaz Ispahani Blog